Industrial Relations Multiple Choice Questions and Answers:
1. Corrective action should be immediate, impartial and consistent with a warning- this is called the
A. Common disciplinary rule
B. Red hot stove rule
C. Ciscos disciplinary rule
D. Yellow hot stove rule
2. In India, the regulation of employment and conditions of employment are governed by
A. The Trade Unions Act, 1926
B. The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
C. The Factories Act, 1948
D. The Workmens Compensation Act, 1923
3.Human capital is ________.
A. Knowledge and experience.
B. Personal productivity.
C. Personal creativity
D. All the above.
4. Workman’s compensation Act in.
5. Industrial relation sense is used in.
6. Ratan got a shock when he was suspended for smoking in the office premises. He says he never knew a puff came with such a heavy tag attached to it. This is an example of
A. Negative feedback
B. Lack of communication
C. Immediate action
D. Late intervention
7. The object of trade union is to.
A. Get higher wages
B. To protect labour
C. Get higher standard of living.
D. To protect labour & society
8. Grievances affect the employees
9. Collective bargaining is an action of
A. An individual
10. What does discipline mean in the context of the workplace?
A. Enforcing compliance and order
B. A system of rules designed to improve and correct behaviour through teaching or training
D. Exercising control
11. What could be the best approach for an organization to sustain in a dynamic environment?
A. Be stagnant
B. Responsive to change
C. Reluctant to change.
D. Merge with others.
12. A practice used by companies to assign their costly activities to outside providers is known as:
13. Leaders perform:
A. Decisional roles.
B. Informal roles.
C. Informational roles.
D. Interpersonal roles
14. Organizations take inputs from:
A. Rules & policies.
B. Internal environment
C. External environment
D. Legislations & litigations.
15. Brain drain is one of the:
A. Organizational threat.
B. Organizational opportunity.
C. Organizational strength
D. Organizational weakness.
16. Shifting from manual to computerized system is resulted due to:
A. Workforce diversity.
B. Technological advancement
C. Stake holders involvement
17 . Reactive approach to overcome the influence of discriminatory practices occurred in the past is referred as:
A. Equal employment opportunity.
B. Affirmative action
C. HR planning
D. Litigation process
18. Organizations put maximum effort in measuring performance of organizational people because:
A. It makes procedures cost effective.
B. It helps in detecting the problems
C. It leads to product innovation
D. It assists in implementing new technology
19. In order to promote unbiased management, organizations should develop:
A. Powerful union.
B. Strategic alliance
C. Legal compliance.
D. Stakeholder influence.
20. Which of the following term is used as an indicator of missing information by the applicant while making selection decision?
A. Red flag.
B. Red alert.
C. High alert.
D. Alarming situation