Date of Opening of Online registration: 10 hrs on 01/06/2018
Date of Closing of Online registration: 23.59 hrs on 30/06/2018
Tentative Date for Computer Based Test (CBT): In September and October 2018.
ONLINE applications are invited from eligible Male and Female candidates for the recruitment of Constable in Level 3 of 7th CPC Pay matrix for the vacancies in Railway Protection Force (RPF) of various Zones of Indian Railways and Railway Protection Special Force (RPSF). Applications complete in all respect should be submitted ONLINE ONLY before 23.59 hrs of 30/06/2018.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS Candidates should ensure that they possess/fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for the post as on the closing date for submitting applications. CANDIDATES WAITING FOR RESULTS OF PRESCRIBED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION SHOULD NOT APPLY.
- A) Applications are to be submitted ONLINE through Indian Railway websites ONLY. No other mode for submission of application shall be allowed. Each candidate shall fill ONLY one application. Any attempt to submit more than one application by a candidate against this notification shall result in disqualification and debarment. B) The Female candidates who have earlier applied in response to NOTIFICATION NO. 01/2016 issued by South Central Railway need not apply afresh. Their applications will be linked with the current recruitment. However, they have to fill the remaining required details like option of Group of Zones or RPSF and give their preference for individual Zones within the Group of Zones opted by clicking on the separate link provided in the portal. They have to pay examination fee of Rs 250/- which shall be refunded duly deducting Bank charges on appearing in CBT.
- Eligibility of the candidates will be considered only on the strength of the information furnished in the ONLINE application. Candidates need NOT send printouts of application or Certificates or copies to Central Recruitment Committee (CRC) by posts. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post, his/her candidatures will be rejected forthwith.
- Candidates can apply against the vacancy of either a Group of Zonal Railway or RPSF. Within a Group of Zonal Railways also they shall be required to give their preference for individual Zones. The candidate will be considered against vacancies of that Group only and allocated a Zonal Railway based on merit and preference. Candidates shall serve normally in the Zone/RPSF allotted to him/her, if selected. However, selected candidates may be liable to serve anywhere in the country.
- Those opting for RPSF will have to serve in RPSF only, till they are promoted to gazetted rank.
- Application to more than one Group will lead to rejection of all the application of the candidates.
- Vacancies are provisional and may increase or decrease as per actual requirements and the administration reserves the right to cancel the notified vacancies at its discretion.
- Candidate must ensure that they fulfil the prescribed medical standard. The candidature of candidate found medically unsuitable for the post of Constable shall be cancelled.
- Candidates applying for the post shall be advised to ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions prescribed for the post/examination. Admission of the candidates for the CBT for the posts notified would be on the basis of the information furnished by them in the ONLINE application. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her ONLINE application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post, his/her candidature will be cancelled forthwith.
- Scale of Pay: Level 3 of 7th CPC pay Matrix with initial pay of Rs. 21,700/- plus other allowances admissible at that time.
- Age: On 01.7.2018 the age of candidate shall be between 18 – 25 Years – Refer Para 3.0(v) for age relaxations.
- Stages of exam: There shall be online Computer Based Test (CBT) which will tentatively be held in September and October 2018. Candidates qualified and securing marks in the merit list (10 times of the category-wise vacancies notified) and in the CBT shall have to undergo Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and Document Verification (DV). However, in case requisite candidates do not qualify in PET/PMT and it is assessed that vacancies in any category /Group for Male/Female/Ex-Servicemen will not be filled up, additional candidates equal to 10 times the number which are likely to remain vacant after the first round of PET/PMT may again be called from amongst the candidates who have secured minimum qualifying marks for a second round of PET/PMT. There shall be a maximum of two rounds of PET/PMT.
- Electronic gadgets like mobile phones, bluetooth, pen drive, laptops, calculators, and wrist watches or any other communication devices or pen/pencils are strictly NOT allowed inside the hall. Any infringement of this instruction shall entail summary rejection besides legal action including debarment from future examinations. Therefore, candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones, etc to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured.
- Candidates should have their own mobile number and valid & active personal email id which may be kept active till the final result of recruitment is declared as CRC shall send all recruitment related communications only through SMS and email till the recruitment is complete. CRC will not entertain any request for change of mobile number and e-mail at any stage.
- Before filling up of the online application, candidates are advised to thoroughly read the entire instructions and information in the employment Notice available on the websites of Indian Railways.
- Candidates are advised to visit only official websites of the Indian Railways and be cautious about fake websites and job racketeers.
- These posts have not been identified as suitable for persons with disabilities and hence the same have been exempted from the purview of sections 33 and 47 of the Persons with Disabilities [ Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation] Act, 1995 by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
No of posts in N.F. Railway : 340 [male: 160, Female: 180]
Pay: Level 3 of 7th CPC Pay matrix with initial pay of Rs 21,700/- and Allowances.
Educational Qualification: SSLC/ Matric from a recognised board.
Age: 18 to 25 years. Age relaxation as per GOI rules. Relaxation in upper age limit up to 5 years will be admissible to applicants belonging to SC/ST category and up to 3 years to those belonging to OBC category.
Application Fee: Rs 500 to be paid online (internet banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card) or offline (SBI /Post Office Challan). Rs 250 for SC/ST/Ex-servicemen/Female/Minorities/ Economically Backward class.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected on the basis of Computer Based Test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and Document Verification (DV).
How to apply: Applicants must apply online via www.indianrailways.gov.in from 01/06/2018 to 30/06/2018.