Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2018-19
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) which was formally known as Ministry of Education launched a new scholarship scheme under University Grants Commission (UGC) in 2014 for 2014-15 session. The mostly popular scholarship scheme of HRD is known as Ishan Uday, also this year for session 2018-19 the online application is started for the students of North Eastern Region of India including Assam. This scholarship scheme promote students who were economically weak and want to complete their higher studies i.e above 12th standard. below we provided more information regarding this special scholarship scheme of North East.
Name of Scheme: Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2018-19
Category: Government of India Scheme
The objectives of the Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region are:
1) To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
2) To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
3) To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
4) Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
It is envisaged to provide ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year 2014-15 for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses.
1) Students with domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National institute of open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions recognized as under
A).Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
B).Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
C). Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
D). Institutes of National Importance.
E). Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
2) Only first year Under-graduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
3) For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for scholarship.
4) For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
5).Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
The following shall not be eligible under this scheme:
1) Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
2) Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programme under any other scheme(s).
3) Students gaining admission through ‘management quota’.
4) Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of a Degree.
5) Students whose parents’ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Amount of fellowship:
An amount of Rs.5400/- p.m. for General Degree courses and Rs. 7800/- p.m. for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para medical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
The awardees will be selected on the basis of marks scored by them in the Class XII or equivalent exam. The Commission reserves the right to withdraw/cancel the award without assigning any reason. Result shall be published on UGC website. Award letters can be downloaded from UGC online application portal. The effective date of release of fellowship shall be 1st April of the selection year or the actual date of joining the first year of the undergraduate degree course whichever is later.
The students would submit all the following requisite documents duly forwarded by the Competent Authority (Registrar/Principal/Director) to the designated Bank branch/Disbursing agency authorized by the UGC.
1. Joining Proforma for fresh awardees (Annexure-I)
2. Proforma for renewal ( Annexure-II)
3. Certificate of income by the Competent Authority of the State Government in which the student is domiciled.
4. Domicile State Certificate by the Competent Authority.
5. Quarterly Continuation certificate(Annexure-III)
6. Affidavit (Undertaking for not availing any other Scholarship in the form of an affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages (Annexure-IV))
Apply Online: Click Here .
Advertisement Details:Download Now