Current Affairs for Assam Government Competitive Exams – 8 April 2019
Current Affairs for Assam Government Competitive Exams:
- Isaak Hayik became the world’s oldest player to take part in a professional game at the
age of 73.
He set the record by playing as a goalkeeper for Israeli team Ironi or Yehuda recently.
He received the Guinness World Records prize at a ceremony after the match, just days
ahead of his 74th birthday.
- Biannual Army Commanders Conference began in New Delhi.
- Singapore government sold 6.8 crore shares of DLF for ?1,298 crore through open
market transaction, with its stock price tumbling sharply by over 8%.
Singapore government held around 7.32 crore shares in DLF as on December 31, 2018
quarter, which were worth 4.11% stake in the realty company.
Shares of the company closed at ?184.60, 8.43% lower on the NSE
- Chinese badminton ace Lin Dan clinched the Malaysia Open 2019 title against countryman
Chen Long to claim his first major title in two years.
- RailTel has provided free high-speed Wi-Fi services to as many as 500 stations in just
Sahibabad has become the 1500th station in the country to get free Wi-Fi facility
provided by RailTel, as per an ANI report.
RailTel Corp. of India is a PSU under the Ministry of Railways which focuses on
providing broadband and VPN services.
- Dream11, online gaming firm, announced the completion of a secondary investment
by Steadview Capital, an Asia-focused alternative asset manager.
The investment takes Dream11’s valuation at over $1 billion making it first Indian
gaming company to enter the Unicorn club.
In terms of total user base on a fantasy sports platform, Dream11 is the market leader
with over 50 million users
- Bollywood actor Navtej Hundal passed away on 8 April.
His recent movie was Vicky Kaushal starrer ‘Uri: The Surgical Strike’.
He is survived by his wife Neelam and two daughters.
- Hockey India named Australia’s Graham Reid as the new chief coach of the Indian men’s