Directorate of Secondary Education (DSE), Assam has published a notification for the recruitment of 5746 Graduate Teacher (Arts & Science) vacancy in provincialized High/ Higher Secondary schools in Assam of 21 plain districts of Assam.
Last date – 30/09/2020
Name of the post: Graduate Teacher (Arts)
No of posts: 3903
Name of the post: Graduate Teacher (Science)
No of posts: 1843
Scale of Pay: Rs.14,500/- to Rs.60,500/- and Grade Pay Rs.8,700/- per month
Age: A candidate must not be less than 18 years of age and not more than 40 years for unreserved category, 42 years for Ex-Servicemen, 43 years for OBC/ MOBC and 45 years for SC/ ST(P)/ST(H) and 50 years for Persons with Disability (PwD) as on 1st January, 2020 as per Govt. Office Memorandum vide No. ABP.6/2016/51 Dated 02/09/2020.
The district-wise break-up of vacancies are shown below:
Minimum educational and professional qualifications for direct recruitment in the post of Graduate Teacher
- For the Graduate Teacher (Arts) Graduate or Post Graduate from recognized University in Arts subject with at least 50% marks in either Graduation or Post Graduation (or its equivalent) and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from National Council for Teacher Education recognized Institution, but degree obtained from off campus and distance education institution shall not be considered as valid.
- For the post of Graduate Teacher (Science) the candidate must be Science Graduate or Post Graduate in Science having from recognized University with at least 50% marks in either Graduation or Post Graduation (or its equivalent) and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from National Council for Teacher Education recognized Institution, but degree obtained from off campus and distance education institution shall not be considered as valid .
- In respect of Secondary TET Candidate must obtain 60% marks in each paper for UR category and 55% marks for OBC/MOBC, SC ST(P) ST(H) and PwD category
- No candidate is allowed to apply in the Bengali/Hindi/Assamese medium schools if the candidate does not have MIL in Bengali, Hindi and Assamese respectively in the HSLC examination as the case may be. Only candidate having Bengali, Hindi and Assamese as MIL in HSLC examination is allowed for applying in the schools which are imparting education in Bengali, Hindi and Assamese Medium.
- However as per Govt. Notification NoASE.313/2013/156 dated 21st January 2017. Under Provision of rule 30 of the Assam Secondary Education(Provincialised) Service Rules, 2003, The Governor of Assam is hereby pleased to accept the Diploma Certificate in Assamese Language issued by Axom Sahitya Sabha in case of requirement of Assamese Language either as MIL, or as any elective subject in HSLC or equivalent examination in respect of the candidates who have qualified High School TET.
Criteria for Selection of Teacher (Selection Procedure)
- 100 marks on percentage of marks in B.A/B.Com/B.Sc examination (in case of Major/Hons, the marks obtained in Major/Hons shall be taken into consideration).
- 100 marks on percentage of marks in HS final examination.
- 100 marks on percentage of marks in B.T./B.Ed final examination.
- 100 marks on percentage of marks in TET examination or 60 marks for 15 years of experience as an undergraduate/Junior Teacher in a provincialized High/Higher Secondary school having requisite academic and professional qualification. Any experience teacher who has appeared but could not secure the minimum qualifying 60 marks in the TET, shall be awarded at least 60 marks in respect of their experience if he or she has already completed 15 years of teaching experience. Any marks secured by such experienced teacher over and above 60 qualifying marks in TET shall be counted additionally in respect of TET for such teacher.
- Explanation: For the purpose of calculation of marks under the categories mentioned in clauses (i)(ii), (iii) and (iv) above it may be clarified that if a candidate secures; for example 60% marks in the particular examination he/she secure 60 marks out of 100 marks allotted in the concerned examination.
- 50 marks @ 25 marks for one year of teaching experience as contractual teacher and another 25 marks for two years, subject to consideration for a minimum period of two years.
- 50 marks teaching experience for the teachers working continuously on fixed pay basis(other than contractual teachers) in a provincialized Higher Secondary School or High School/Madrassa for their service as fixed pay teachers provided they have requisite academic and professional qualification.
- 10 marks for NCC certificate (10 marks for “C” certificate and 5 marks for “B” certificate)
- 10 marks for participating in recognized sports at national level representing Assam.
- 10 marks for achievements in fine Arts and cultural activities representing the State officially at National level.
How to apply:
- The candidate who submits online application, shall select district, medium of school and category of post through the official website. Kindly visit official website www.madhyamikassam.gov.in and visit recruitment tab and apply online.
- After successful submission of the online form, candidates shall take a print out of the form and submit the same along-with self-attested copies of mark-sheets and certificates in support of educational qualification, caste, disability, TET, BE.D and co-curricular activities at the time of document verification before the District Level Selection Committee. Candidates must also produce original documents that have been uploaded with the online application to the DSC etc.
- After submitting the online application form, the candidates will get a Unique Number against the submitted application and will keep the printout of the unique Number for all future references.
Advertisement details: Click here
Apply online: Start from 15/09/2020